Division of Learning Technologies
The Division of Learning Technologies supports the following academic programs:
- Instructional Design and Technology (IDT): provides professionals with the knowledge and skills to design effective and innovative learning solutions to instructional and performance problems; graduates of this program are workplace-ready for instructional design responsibilities in public, private, government, and educational settings.
- Learning Technologies in Schools (LTS) program provides teachers and educators with the knowledge and skills to effectively integrate technology in K-12 classroom and online learning environments; graduates of this program frequently become the local expert and change agent for technology in schools. Four degree options are available in two academic fields:
- Integration of Technology in Schools
- Integration of Online Learning in Schools
- PhD Concentration in Learning Technologies Design Research (LTDR): an innovative program that engages doctoral students in real world, workplace-based integrated design and research; LTDR addresses cross disciplinary progressive cycles of design, development, and research focused on promoting strategic thinking, innovation and creativity in the design of learning technologies to achieve organizational goals.
For a more in depth look at these programs, select a link from the menu.
News and Announcements
On Philadelphia Public Radio (WHYY), Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane, Dr. Clark is part of a panel that discusses the issues and impact of children spending so much time with digital media. (http://whyy.org/cms/radiotimes/2012/06/21/kids-and-screen-time/).
Kevin Clark affirmed the power of TV role models in an AP news story about a new children's animated series on Disney starring a spunky African American girl who wants to be a doctor. Read more...
Dr. Clark Featured on Wisconsin Public Radio Featured guest on the Kathleen Dunn show that airs on Wisconsin Public Radio, which is the second largest public radio network in the country. Dr. Clark discussed the May 29, 2012 New York Times article "WastingRead more...
Enjoy photos from Convocation 2012: Graduate School of Education, held at the Patriot Center. Read more...
Graduating students were honored during commencement ceremonies this past weekend with awards recognizing academic excellence. Read more...